Monday 19 May 2008

Summer continues

What a great few days of warm weather recently. Loads more barbeques and lots of clearing and planting done in the garden. There are a few tomatoes growing in the greenhouse and hopefully they will be followed by a lot more over the next months. I was off for the weekend and enjoyed the two days off, in work for a late shift today then off again tomorrow.
The one minor glitch was that the wooden garden bench that I bought about six years ago has finally broken. I did think of fixing it but found that the side supports are rotten so it would be a waste of time. I've decided to build two stone piers and fix the slats across them. It should last for years and will not rot and it will be easy to pressure wash to get it clean when needed. The old bench will make good kindling for the chiminea. It will keep me busy for a few days anyway.

No comments: