Tuesday 8 April 2008

Back at work

Hi again,
It is now Tuesday, I came back to work on Sunday and have been fairly busy as I was on day shifts which are usually busy. Today I am on a late shift, started at 15:30 and finish at 23:30, I like finishing before midnight.
I'm feeling nearly back to fitness, still a bit tired but getting better. I have done a bit more work in my bathroom, I'm trying to disconnect an old cast iron waste pipe that takes the bath waste water down through the flat under us. It is leaking slightly so I'm in the process of replacing it with a new plastic pipe connected outside the house so avoiding any disruption to our neighbours. So far I've reconnected the toilet, I discovered a bit of a leak in the old lead pipe from that as well and also have the wash hand basin connected to the new pipes. My next job, hopefully tomorrow, is to move the main water pipe where it enters the bathroom to give space for the new waste to get past. It will be good to have it finished and I plan to build a small cupboard in the corner of the room.
After that the next job is to replace the kitchen sink, we have bought a nice new stainless steel sink and taps so it should be fairly straightforward to fit that instead of the old sink that we have now, cleaning our home grown vegetables does make a mess of the existing sink which is made of some sort of plastic compound.
I've also got on with tracing my family tree, I received copies of some birth certificates today to can use the information to try to trace further back. On my mother's side I am back to 1290 but am tuck in the 1800s on my father's side of my family.I'll stop writing now and promise myself that I'll keep up this blog more regularly.

1 comment:

st said...

Hi John-
Thanks for stopping in to my blog and for the encouragement!
Have a wonderful day,
Meg