Friday 25 April 2008

What a day

Well another interesting sort of day. When it started I was cycling home after a late shift and got home when today was about ten minutes old. Back up at 7.30 to give Anne a lift to a meeting then home to do some more DIY. I moved the incoming phone cable as it was through a window that is being replaced on Monday. Once that was done I sanded the bathroom floor and gave it a nice fresh coat of varnish which should look nice and clean and protect the wood from wear, water and dirt.
On Wednesday we bought new paint for the bathroom and it will look so different painted a nice bright sunshine yellow sort of colour instead of the rather tired old blue that it has been for the past few years. I'm off all day tomorrow so we might even get the first coat onto the walls then. Monday the window will be replaced with a new double glazed one with white PVC frame and surrounds, the two kitchen windows will be done as well.
Still at work right now but not all that long until I finish, it is nearly 21:30 and I finish at 23:30. I am cycling home tonight so I hope it is nice and dry again.

No comments: