Saturday 12 April 2008

Saturday

A great time to be working, 8:25 on a Saturday evening and it is pouring with rain and considering it is the middle of April it is feeling cold. I completed an application for another job today, I do not dislike this job but the other one pays about 40% more and the hours sound great, shifts between 8:00 and 20:00 Monday to Friday and some Saturday mornings.
I arrived at work today to discover that as a cost saving measure they are no longer going to pay for a taxi home after a shift that ends at 23:30 because I can get a bus home at midnight. This means that I'll get home about 00:45 instead of about 23:55 by taxi. I hope that I'll still get a taxi after my midnight finishes as there is no reasonable bus home after that time.
I'm off for three days after tonight so if the weather is decent I'll get into my garden and plant out some vegetables.
Work is not too busy today which is good but some of the calls have been weird, (I'll not give any details as the callers deserve confidentiality)

No comments: